Information for refugees who are not Ukrainian citizens

Welcome to Germany. We hope that you have found suitable accommodation where you can get some rest. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about your rights and opportunities while staying here.

By entering the Federal Republic of Germany, you are automatically given the rights of a tourist. This means that you are allowed to stay for 90 days in the Federal Republic of Germany. You can extend this period for a further 90 days by applying for the status of “tourist” at the immigration office.

As a “tourist” you have the following rights in Germany:

You are allowed to stay in Germany and travel within Germany. You are not allowed to work.

You need to support yourself financially and pay for your own medical costs. That means that you either have a recognised international medical insurance, or you can cover the costs yourself. Children do not have the right to attend kindergarten or school.

If you had your habitual residence in Ukraine or you had a recognised refugee status in Ukraine and you left the Ukraine after 24th February 2022, then please contact the immigration department at the district office in Erding if you need additional support. It is called: “Amt für Ausländerwesen im Landratsamt Erding.” You will need to fill in an application form to apply for a grant of residence for temporary protection. It is called: “Aufenthaltsgewährung zum vorübergehenden Schutz §24 AufenthG“.

Please contact:

The immigration department at the district office in Erding. (Das Amt für Ausländerwesen im Landratsamt Erding).

Telephone: 08122/58-1790


After applying for protection status, you can apply for financial support according to the following paragraph of the German law: §6 Abs. 2 AsylbLG.

Please contact:

Telephone: 08122/58-1048


If you need help with health problems, then please contact:

Telephone: 08122/58-1433


After you have applied for protection status (Schutz nach § 24 AufenthG) your children have the right to attend kindergarten and school. You will also be allowed to seek employment and to work once you have your status.

If you need assistance finding accommodation, please contact:

Telephone: 08122/58-1071

Opening times:

Monday-Friday 09:00 – 17:00

Friday: 09:00 – 15:00


If you are unable to find private accommodation, then you will be assigned accommodation.

All of the legal provisions mentioned are valid until 23.05.2022. If there are changes then we will notify you on this website.

If you need clothing and household items:

There is a clothing shop for refugees (Kleiderladen der Flüchtlingshilfe Erding e.v) at the train station in Erding. The street is called: Bahnhof 2. It is open every Monday from 10am until 1pm and it offers free items of clothing, small household items and toys etc. to those in need.

In the “Caritas” department store (Rentabel Kaufhaus der Caritas Erding) you can buy discounted furniture, clothing, small household items and toys.

Opening times:

Monday – closed

Tuesday to Friday – 9am to 4pm



OT Altenerding

85435 Erding

Telephone: 08122 999845-0


Food bank

If you need food then please come to the food bank in Erding. Donations will be issued to those in need every Wednesday from 7:45am until 11:15am. A total contribution of 1-2 Euros is requested.


Tafel Erding

Am Bahnhof 2


Refugees who originate from safe third countries according to German classifications, will not be entitled to a residence permit in the Federal Republic of Germany. The German immigration authorities will instruct you to return to your homeland.

If you are a student and you can prove that you were studying in the Ukraine, then you do not need to apply for a grant of residence for temporary protection (Aufenthaltsgewährung zum vorübergehenden Schutz § 24 AufenthG). Instead, you should contact a university or college as quickly as possible to ask about possible places available. When you have found a place to study, then you need to apply for a residence permit for study which is called: “Aufenthaltserlaubnis für ein Studium” at the immigration department (Amt für Ausländerwesen) at the district office (Landratsamt) in Erding.

Kommentare sind geschlossen.